30 JOURNAL PROMPTS
End of Year Reflection
30 journal prompts to help you reflect on the past year and prepare for what’s to come next
CHALLENGES & WINS
- What were your biggest challenges from the year? What did you learn from them?
- What were your biggest wins from the year? What did you accomplish? What are you proud of yourself for?
- What helped you to get through this year? (e.g. routines, boundaries, relationships, resources)
- What were your favorite books, movies, shows, and songs from the past year?
- How would you describe the version of yourself from the past year? How have you changed since last year? In what ways have you grown this year?
- What kind of person do you want to become next year? How do you want to grow? How can you treat yourself with love, respect, and patience?
- How well did you take care of yourself this year? Did you prioritize exercise, sleep, and nutrition?
- How will you commit to taking even better care of yourself next year?
- What kind of boundaries did you set for yourself and others this year? How did you uphold those boundaries? Where did you let them slide?
- What do you want your boundaries to look like for next year? How will you prioritize them?
- What did your typical daily routine look like this year? How did you start and end your days?
- What do you want your routine to look like for next year? What would be your ideal morning and evening routines?
- What were your top three priorities this past year? (e.g. work, family, finances, self-care, mental health, etc)
- What are your top three priorities for next year? Why are they important to you?
- How satisfied were you with your work this year? What did you enjoy and not enjoy?
- What changes could you make next year will help you feel fulfilled with your work?
- What role did your environment play in your life this year? (Think of your living space, community, workspace, nature, etc)
- Do you want to make any changes to your environment next year? What would your ideal environment look and feel like?
- What emotions did you experience this past year? Did you allow yourself to feel or talk about them freely?
- What feelings do you want to embrace for next year? What intentions do you want to set?
- What was your mindset like this year? Did you overthink or overanalyze anything in particular?
- How can you improve your mindset in the next year? How will you commit to keeping a healthy mindset?
- Who did you connect with this year? Who made you feel the most supported?
- Who do you want to connect with next year? What kind of people do you want to surround yourself with?
FUN & HOBBIES
- How did you relax and unwind this year? What were your favorite memories? Did you start any new hobbies or nurture old ones?
- What do you want to explore more of next year? What does fun look like to you?
- Who are you most grateful for? What are you most grateful for? Write down why you are grateful for these people and
- How can you express your gratitude more next year?
GOALS & GROWTH
- What goals did you set for yourself at the beginning of the year? Did you achieve them? (Note: Remember to give yourself grace if you didn’t achieve your goals)
- What are your goals for next year? What do you want to learn or get better at? Think of work, health, finances, relationships, and What tools or resources will help you stay on track with your goals?
If these prompts have helped you in any way, we’d love to know. Feel free to share your thoughts with us over email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram @selfamour.au